Join us as we explore how to eat and thrive on a low carb/Keto lifestyle and learn from our guest speakers as they share the fascinating connection between diet, insulin resistance and cognition.
As we all know, today’s current food culture is toxic and the ‘modern’ diet is now the leading risk factor for disease. Decades of food industry lobbying, deplorable ‘science’ and inaccurate food guidelines have made Canadians overweight, obese and sicker than ever.
This conference has been crafted with YOU in mind. Bringing you knowledge and awareness from experts you can rely on! Are you ready to be inspired, take charge of your life and focus on your Health, Wellness and Transformation? When you learn to make the right food choices, you say NO to disease and YES to a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle.
This event is sure to have something for everyone. The Exhibitor Expo will showcase vendors bringing you all of the latest in low carb/keto nutrition to help support your lifestyle.
Please join us on Saturday August 17 2019 from 9:00 am – 7:00 pm at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto, located at 75 Lower Simcoe St., Toronto for this spectacular event!
Please note that this is a child-friendly event.
TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR.
1. Trade Show
Access to exhibit floor only
2. Trade Show + 1 Speaker
Access to exhibitor floor and selection of any 1 speaker of choice
3. Trade Show + 2 Speakers
Access to exhibitor floor and selection of any 2 speaker choices
4. Individual Speakers
Selection of individual speaker sessions
Does not include access to the exhibit floor
5. Full Delegate Package – Best Value Package
Access to exhibitor floor and ALL speaker sessions
Come and learn from this unprecedented speaker lineup. These Speakers are Leaders, Champions, Advocates and Ambassadors of the Low Carb/Keto way of life and will present on the therapeutic benefits of carbohydrate restriction for metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, Type 2 Diabetes and many other chronic diseases.
FEATURED SPEAKERS & TIMING
9:00 AM – JIMMY MOORE, Keynote Speaker & MC
10:00 AM – AMY BERGER
Introduction to the Personal Fat Threshold Concept
- Insulin is much more than a blood sugar hormone
- Insulin, per se, is not a bad thing; too much insulin too often is the problem
- Everything is contextual: There’s no black and white with the human body
11:00 AM – JOANNA WILCOX
You Can Do Hard Things
- You Can Do Hard Things
- Doing what works for you and ignoring outside influences
- Enjoying the journey
12:00 PM – DR. WILL COLE
The Exciting Science of a Plant-Based Ketogenic Diet
- The potential pitfalls of a conventional ketogenic diet
- How and why you want to harness the powers of both a plant-centric and keto diet
- What a day of eating Ketotarian looks like
1:00 PM – MEGAN RAMOS
The Science of Fasting for Type 2 Diabetes and Obesity
- The science behind fasting
- How to fast
- Fasting Myths
2:00 PM – CHRISTINE MOORE
3:00 PM – DR. KEN BERRY
The Proper Human Diet
- Humans evolved into an Apex species, eating as much fatty meat as they could find
- All human cells, organs and tissues are made of some combination of fat and protein
- Ketosis is an optimal physiological state
4:00 PM – GILLIAN SZOLLOS
Respecting Bio Individuality When Choosing your Low Carb Path
- Understanding the difference between therapeutic and nutritional ketosis
- Understanding the different “types” of Keto approach and examples of when they are best used
- Considering bio individuality when deciding which approach to follow in order to optimize outcome
5:00 PM – DR. ADAM NALLY
Cholesterol Concerns When Following the Ketogenic Diet
- How a ketogenic diet effects cholesterol and vascular disease
- What components of cholesterol and vascular disease should be monitored with the use of a ketogenic diet
- How do I know if my ketogenic diet is working for treatment of vascular disease
PHOTOGRAPHY & MEDIA
Please be advised that photographs, video, or audio will be taken at the Great Canadian Keto Conference for promotional purposes. By entering any Great Canadian Keto event you consent to the use of your image, likeness, and voice – without compensation or the right to approve– in all media by Great Canadian Keto or affiliated companies.